Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Avocado and Papaya Salad
A great compliment to a spicy Mexican dish is a sweet, juicy side salad to balance out the heat. This avocado and papaya salad is healthy and super easy to make. As an alternative, dice the ingredients for a twist on dip/topping for chips.
2 avocados, ripe
1. Cut two ripe avocados in half (ripe avocados are dark skinned and are tender when pressed). Remove the pit. Slice the inner flesh into strips.
2. Cut a ripe papaya in half (I usually buy mine 3 days in advance to ripen in the kitchen. They are ripe when the skin starts to turn yellow).
3. Remove the papaya seeds from one half. Remove skin with a peeler or knife. Slice lthe short side into strips.
4. Arrange avocados and papaya slices on a plate. Sprinkle with a few pinches of sea salt.
5. Cut a lime in half. Squeeze lime sections over the avocados and papaya. Serve with spicy food!