Friday, June 28, 2013
Cucumber Tomato Salad
It's HOT. Which means, I need some light and cool food to enjoy and snack on for dinner rather than investing time and energy in a full dinner. Here's a refreshing and simple salad to serve for a light dinner with some pita bread and hummus.
4 small, hothouse tomatoes
2 tablespoons of dill
2 green onions
a splash of red vinegar and olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut your cucumber in half and then in half again, length-wise and cut into chunks.
2. Cut the tomatoes in to 8ths so you have little crescent moon shapes.
3. Chop the dill and slice the green onions (white and green parts).
4. Combine in a bowl and add a splash of red wine vinegar and olive oil (equal parts). Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover the bowl to marinate and blend flavors overnight. Or you could put in canning jars and give one to a friend as a gift (I gave one to my mother-in-law as opposed to money for watching my eldest, which I'm pretty sure is an even trade, right?).